WHERE DID 10 YEARS GO??

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Jared and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary this year. We went camping, I know, almost as good as an exotic vacation. But we did leave our little 4 month old baby home with Grandma and planned on leaving for a few days. We went up to Lava area. On our first day of camping we floated the river. We sat and watched people for awhile and it seemed like people were barely getting wet. So...don't let a 100 lbs of weight difference go down first on a double tube on a big rapid. I of course, popped out. The river was less than a foot deep in that spot, and I got dragged across the rocks. Jared spun around to try to help me and he really twisted his neck. He got hurt much worse than I, I only had the evidence of being hurt. I was scraped and bloody from my shoulders to my toes. And to top it off, I was wearing my favorite, most comfortable (notice I didn't say cute here), no longer made Smith sunglasses. I am still sad about this as I write about it. And of course Jared enjoyed the show of watching me angrily look through the water saying my favorite cuss phrase (which he says doesn't make sense) and glaring at every person that I saw afterward because I knew they swiped my sunglasses out of the water. So anyway, that night we went back to our trailer, didn't have any desire to make dinner, Jared thought we better have a fire and a marshmallow because that is what you should do, we both took some Tylenol, and then on the night of our 10 years, we went to bed (and to sleep) very early.

Bring on another 10 years!! I can't wait to spend it with him. As those who know us 10 years ago, you know we were a very unmatchable pair. Everyone we ran into would tell Jared how lucky he was. He was a wild child. But somehow 10 years later, I am the lucky one. I don't think anyone else could put up with me. I'm demanding, I'm a slave driver, I always have some great plan on some new tedious project. And he puts up with me. All the time. He cans peaches with me at 1 AM, he makes me laugh, he tries so hard to be good enough, as he would say, for me and the kids. He is wonderful. I'm by far, the lucky one.


0 comments: