Twilight Party

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

So, I read the Twilight series. I had no intention, but my friend brought it over, and I finally took it on a camping trip. I don't know if I would say that I loved the book, but it was fun. I felt like I was 16 again. I read all 4 books in 4 1/2 days. Yes, I had the "addicted to Twilight symptoms" (messy house, bloodshot eyes, deprived children, and Jared was cussing someone named Edward). So my friend Teresa and I decided to throw a Twilight party on Friday, the 21st. It turned into about 50 people - luckily her mom has a huge room. We were able to go to a decorating store and pick out whatever we wanted to use. It was so much fun, I'm sure it is a taste of what it will be like when I get the chance to decorate for a wedding reception.

Some of our wonderful husbands served us a seven course Italian meal. We then went to the movie (major let down) and came back to a bloody red chocolate fountain and games. And then I was LUCKY enough to have almost all of Jared's family here at my house for the weekend for an early holiday celebration. :) 13 adults and 13 kids - 9 of those 13 under 5! By Sunday afternoon, Jared and I had the house back to acceptable :) and we did nothing else. It was a lot of fun, but I think I heard Seth volunteer to do the big family get together at his house next year. And I'm sure that 9 will be doubled to 18 by then - Jared's family is crazy:).










1 comments:

mom2jjk said...

How fun! I am so jealous that I couldn't be there.